With over fifteen years experience as an adoptive parent, single mother by design, biological parent through donor assisted conception, foster mother, educator, parental advocate, anti racist ally, conference organizer, speaker, and published author on many of these topics, I have a great deal of knowledge that may be of help to you and your family.
As a reader of my blog (started in 2007) you will have a clear idea of how I walk in the world of adoption, race, racial identity, birth family relations and a few other juicy and heavy duty topics. Here’s a short video to give you a sense of my approach in person with a guest appearance from the coaching Chihuahua.
Some of the topics we might explore include:
- Is transracial adoption right for me/us?
- How do I/we know when we are “ready” to parent?
- What if not all my friends and family are not on the same page as I am/we are?
- What are the rewards and challenges of choosing single parenting?
- What can I expect when I reach out to the birth parents?
- Do relationships with donors stay the same, or do they shift?
- Will I love my adopted child the “same” way I love or would love a biological child?
- How do I talk to my child about adoption?
- How do I advocate for my child’s racial identity in their school or other setting?
- Is my way of thinking about a certain area of this process OK?
- What if my family and friends don’t support my choice to make my family a certain way?
- Whatever you feel I might be of assistance to you in your journey to creating or supporting your current family brought together through adoption, or donor assisted conception.
I have expanded consulting hours available. Our sessions will be over Skype, or on the phone, if Skype is not possible for any reason.
Premium Coaching Packages available for 2019 coaching clients.
Spaces are limited.
Premium package includes:
- Four one hour 1:1 calls
- One additional free “urgent-book” call during the duration of our work together (Because family formation is unpredictable after all.)
- Personalized review and suggested revisions of your prospective birth-parent materials.
- Specifically designed reading and resource list to support and sustain your individual 20th Century family journey.
- Group calls with friends and family members to facilitate courageous conversations around adoption, transracial adoption, single parent families, and difference.
Ready to work together and take the next step? Our first conversation is always free.
It’s so easy: just fill out the form below, and you will hear from me shortly. Or feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Catherine will skillfully guide you to uncover your own answers to some of the toughest questions surrounding transracial adoption, race, birth family relationships and more, through her deep listening and experience you will feel supported but challenged in beautiful and meaningful ways.” -Emily W, Adoptive Parent and Client
“As a psychologist, a mother, and a foster parent I trust that your conversations with Catherine on topics ranging from race. adoption and parenting will garner the same respect and confidence that I have had in her for decades.” -Samantha Smithstein, Psychologist
[wpforms id=”9467″ title=”false” description=”false”]