Exciting development: Mama C is launching a new coaching practice.
With over fifteen years experience, I have a great deal of knowledge that may be of help to you and your family.:
Adoptive parent, single mother by design, biological parent through donor assisted conception, foster mother, educator, anti racist ally, conference organizer, speaker, and published author on many of these topics.
As a reader of my blog (started in 2007) you will have a clear idea of how I walk in the world of adoption, race, racial identity, birth family relations and other juicy and heavy duty issues.
Some topics we might explore include:
- Is transracial adoption right for me/us?
- What are the rewards and challenges of choosing single parenting?
- What can I expect when I reach out to the birth parents?
- Do relationships with donors stay the same, or do they shift?
- Will I love my adopted child the “same” way I love or would love a biological child?
- How do I talk to my child about adoption?
- How do I advocate for my child’s racial identity in their school or other setting?
- Is my way of thinking about a certain area of this process OK?
- What if my family and friends don’t support my choice to make my family a certain way?
- Whatever you feel I might be of assistance to you in your journey to creating or supporting your current family brought together through adoption, or donor assisted conception.
I have limited consulting hours available in the coming months. My rate is $125.00 hour. Our sessions will be over Skype, or on the phone, if Skype is not possible for any reason.
Ready to work together and take the next step? I look forward to it! Fill out the form below, and you will hear from me shortly.
Best, Mama C