8 things I’m thankful for
1.That the hanging plants that the boys each picked out are still hanging out front today.
2. That the mouse is more scared of me than I am of her.
3. That I am not afraid to write a good poem.
4. The way that little bird’s head moves when it eats seed off of my kitchen window ledge.
5. That the adoption tax credit, grandfathered from 2005, arrived in the bank. (Yes, I had it for five years, and only used half of it in that time. Single parenting has it’s privliges.) That I notice the ease this little bump allows.
6. That I have not been on Facebook for six months, and appear to still be visible, at least to a few people. (For an inspiring post, on why one would even consider such a thing, my brilliant friend Dan elaborates here.)
7. That both boys still love to cuddle.
8. That I was able to allow Sam to say; “I kind of like Justin Bieber. I mean I can see why (insert name of current favorite female friend in Kindergarten here) likes him more than she likes me..” without going into a maelstrom of unmitigated fury. That after showing him who this Bieber boy was, I realized my musical appreciation failing as a parent can and will be corrected with a mandatory rock and roll summer tutorial. Suggestions welcome. The time is now.