If I could be anyone for an hour or two, and what I’d hope to experience or gain:
1. Katherine Hepburn: prowess, grace and fire
2. Marion Wright Edelman: ferocity, compassion and commitment
3. Amy Tann: creativity, connection, spirit
4. Marie Curie: tenacity, drive, devotion
5. My grandmother: a chance, a dance, a laugh
6. My junior high nemesis: an apology, empathy, my gym clothes
7. Michelle Obama: where to begin?
8. My son’s first mom: seeing Sam through her eyes.
9. My mom: as a young girl arriving in the states for the first time
10. The daughter I lost at eleven weeks all grown: who the world would have known.
*Wednesdays are dedicated to What I am working on. Conversations with friends recently brought out how much we all seem to want to be someone different 99% of the time, rather than just be who we are.
True or not, I decided to sit with the idea for a while. This was the first list of ten women I came up with, and why. I wish I had thought to include a rock star, or a comedian. Maybe next time?
Who are the first few people who you’d want to be and why? If you create your own list, leave a comment, and a link for fun? Your list might change tomorrow, but at this very moment who comes to mind?