Ramping Up

March 12, 2010

I am gathering my notebooks, lucky pencils, and mountainous ambition to put together my first draft of my non fiction proposal this weekend. I am using this proposal resource (follow link at info for writers to how to write a proposal)  as a guideline.  The island destination, while romantic has been changed to an in town version with an ocean view and wi-fi!  I realized I needed easy access to my blog and other resources/supports to do this.

I have also submitted an application to the Parenting.com Mother’s Congress, and accepted an invitation to the Governor’s mansion for tea. (No, not just me. Me and fifty others, who will be celebrating the Raising Readers 10th Anniversary. ) I just turned down an offer to blog for one magazine, because of the lack of compensation. Yet, I have committed to three guest post requests and two blog interviews because of the potential to broaden not only my audience, but also to stretch out the edges of my own thinking.

It feels a little hard to leave the boys for twenty-four hours, but easier now that I’ll be only a few miles away. Uncle and Weezie have it all figured out. Everyone will have a blast without me, I am sure. I have never spent a night away from Marcel. Sam has a few over nights under his bear bear. I am modelling for them things a mommy who is also a writer and who plans on changing the world one book at a time has to do on occasion. Send me your wishes for profound prolificness.

1. March 12, 2010 10:46 pm

Wishing you a prolific, successful, and focused 24 hours. Good luck!

2. March 13, 2010 12:59 am

On your mark, get set …

It turns out I’ll be in town on Sunday, if you want to meet to talk about what you’ve done and get recharged. Or we can meet later in the week.

This is so fabulous that you’re doing this!!

3. Joanna permalink
    March 13, 2010 1:52 am

You go girl! Can’t wait to read more…. 🙂

4. Kenna permalink
    March 13, 2010 4:21 am

Just steal all the best parts from your book and it’ll be great. It’s totally doable, and then once it’s perfect, all these people will ask you for just a query letter and the first ten pages… Enjoy.

5. Lesia permalink
    March 13, 2010 11:59 am

I am sending you wishes for success, as you’ve asked, although you hardly need them: I know you’ll make good use of your time “away” and will have a proposal to show for it at the end of the day. I’m also writing to say that I find your story of what you’re doing inspiring – again. My husband suggested I go away for a weekend in May, and I decided I’d use the time to write and work on my own projects (instead of going to a writers’ conference in April to hear published writers talk about theirs) and it’ll be my first time away from my youngest two, and my first time away anywhere on my own in four years. I was nervous about that, but know it’s doable, and necessary…I’m looking forward to reading about how it went for you in future blog postings!

6. March 13, 2010 1:01 pm

@ Leslia-that’s a great plan! (and if I inspire good ideas in pursuit of creativity-then there is a reason that I am taking up all this space in the world) Your husband sounds like he is on the right page too!

@Kenna-your positivity is infectious!

@joyful, Joanne, and Annie thank you. I just need to not get too overwhelmed by the largess of the thing… one paragraph at a time!

7. March 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Wishing you much success and inner growth from these new endeavour. They sounds incredibly exciting.

Thank you for your comments to my feature on MOH. They were so kind.

8. March 15, 2010 2:29 pm

What an inspiration! I felt like I should have been taking notes. The time away will be well worth it when they realize how truly awesome their mom is in a few years! Can’t wait to hear more!

9. March 16, 2010 12:27 am

Thank you Tiara for your boisterous support! You crack me up! No, I am taking notes from you!