Quote, Unquote

November 18, 2013

Marcel has been in rare quotable fashion lately:

On opportunity:

Last week, I came back up the stairs from the driveway at 6:55 am, already late for an early appointment. A lab appointment that required a twelve hour fast (read: no coffee) looked at Shrek, and announced with defeat; “My battery is dead, again. Can you please help me?”

Without skipping a beat, Marcel jumps off the couch, throws his arms over his head and in rah-rah fashion and hollers; “Yes! Yes Shrek buddy! This is your time to SHINE!”

You have  never seen two people smiling so big, while jumping a battery at 7:00 in the morning.

On parenting:

“Mom do you really think yelling at me to stop yelling is an effective parenting strategy?”

On blended families:

“Well sometimes I find myself shaking, wondering, do I really KNOW Shrek? I mean, how do I know if what I am feeling is what you really are supposed to feel about your dad?”

On perfection:

“The only thing we can ever be perfect at really, is being yourself.”

About these ads
  1. Katie U permalink
    November 18, 2013 11:01 pm

I love that kid! Sending hugs to all of you. xo

2. November 18, 2013 11:06 pm

good grief these are fantastic!

3. November 19, 2013 2:27 am

Kate, it’s  time for Marcel to publish something along the lines of “The World Asa I see it.” Wow!!!  Dad

4. November 21, 2013 1:35 am

I so love Marcel’s quotes. That boy is wise beyond his years!

5. TheOlderSister permalink
    November 27, 2013 8:17 pm

What a thoughtful kid! Makes me wish Shrek had kept track/ written down the things we used to say as kids.

6. Lesia permalink
    December 2, 2013 11:00 am

I find the last quote you’ve posted from Marcel this go-around to be particularly inspiring this morning: “The only thing we can ever be perfect at really, is being yourself.” Love it.